Since 1995, Carrollwood Black Belt Academy has provided quality teaching and supervision to the Carrollwood and Tampa Bay communities. It offers adult and children's programs, family program, Tae Kwon Do After-School Program, Little Dragon Class (ages 4 – 6), camps (Spring Break, Summer and Winter Camps, 7:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.), Ninja sleep-over (for younger children), a cafeteria, a homework room, a game room, a TV room and a Karate Store. Carrollwood Black Belt Academy's Little Dragons (ages 4-6) program focuses on improving your child's listening, confidence, self-esteem, concentration, and discipline (Mon and Wed, 4pm - 4:30pm). Carrollwood Black Belt Academy's After School Program (7:30am – 7:30pm) is one of the first after-school martial arts day-care programs in the Tampa Bay Area. In this program, your child will learn self-discipline, confidence, self-defense, coordination, patience and sportsmanship. Students change clothes, eat a snack after arrival, do their homework in a designated homework room with a certified teacher and participate in Tae Kwon-Do classes according to belt level. Tuesday and Thursday are designated mandatory reading days.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 2:30pm - 7:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: There is a ramp at the entrance.
- Founding Date: 1995
- What makes this community special?: A family oriented training facility that is dedicated to providing quality teaching and supervision.
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Corporate, Group/family, Military, Senior, Student, Volume/season
- Membership info: call for details
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Number of classes/week: 20
- Average class size: 15
- Number of instructors: 2
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 1-1
- Type: Karate, Mixed martial arts, Tae Kwon Do
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: Yes
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: Respect, Honesty, and Loyalty.