The holiday of all holidays for football fans across America is almost here. Super Bowl Sunday is this week and that means it’s time for Carrollwood residents to get their plans in order.
Whether you’re watching the 49ers take the field against the Ravens at home, plan on going to a party or think you’ll stop by a local sports bar or eatery to take in the game, here are the big details you need to know:
- Kickoff Time: The game gets under way at 6:30 p.m. Feb. 3 at New Orleans’ Mercedes-Benz Superdome.
- Halftime Show: Beyonce
- Commercials to watch for: Sports fans know that half the fun of watching the Super Bowl is tuning in to check out the creative, wacky and sometimes hysterical commercials that roll out during the big game. This year’s commercials cost advertisers a whopping $4 million for a 30-second spot, so viewers should expect some good entertainment here. Some of the spots to watch for, according to The Huffington Post, come courtesy of Anheuser-Busch, Kraft, Taco Bell and Pepsi.
- TV channel to tune in: WTSP CBS 10. Pregame coverage starts at 11 a.m. with the “Road to the Super Bowl.”
Where to Watch in Carrollwood and Northdale
The big game is a big draw for bars and restaurants throughout the area. Check out the following places in and near to catch the game with some good food and brews on the side:
- Lee Roy Selmon's - Superspread Sunday, $63 gets you an All Access Pass to enjoy unlimited food and drinks. Visit www.leeroyselmons.com to make your reservation. 14457 N. Dale Mabry Highway.
- World of Beer Carrollwood - The Big Game Day, Free beer shots if you wear team swag. Beer specials and game on big screen televisions. 12904 N. Dale Mabry Highway.
If you have a business that is hosting a party or a special event for the big game, make sure you get the word out by adding it to our calendar.