Whether you’re updating your Facebook status from the company holiday party or connecting with new colleagues through LinkedIn, here are a few gift ideas for the social-media lover within all of us.
- Moo Facebook Cards – If you know someone who uses Facebook as a personal branding tool, these cards are perfect. They include options for multiple cover photo images and contact info. (Note: you have to be the owner of the Facebook page to modify the cards, so this would work well as a gift card – or if you hack into someone’s account, which we don’t recommend)
- Samsung CL80 with Wi-Fi – Not impressed with the quality of your smartphone pics? This point and shoot camera takes high-quality images and can upload them directly to Facebook.
- Personalized Twitter Necklace on etsy – This necklace is perfect for someone trying to get her name out there. With different fonts and sized to choose from, you’re sure to find one that matches the style of your favorite @Tweeter.
- 140 Characters: A Styleguide for the Shortform– For a loved-one new to Twitter, this guide can help them navigate the tricky waters of hashtags, short links, and abbreviations.
- Mini Envelope Business Card Case – Lovers of LinkedIn are professional networkers, and always need a snazzy way to hand out their contact information. These cases are simple, sleek, and sure to impress.
- Economist App– Need something to talk about at your next luncheon besides the weather? This one’s a freebie, unless you want to upgrade to the full subscription. Get the most important news from around the world delivered straight to your device every week. There’s even a read-aloud version for those who want to catch-up on their commute.
- Pinstagram Poster – For fans of the filter, this poster showcases 50-400 Instagram photos on one, high-quality sheet. Bonus – it’s printed using a photo-chemical process, not digital printing like you’d expect. If that doesn’t impress your photo-phile, we don’t know what will.
- iPhone Photo Printer– If you’ve got someone on your list who is great with their smartphone, but not so great with computers, this printer is for them. Using special paper (so there are no ink cartridges to change), print photos directly from your phone, without the hassle of uploading, cropping, rotating, etc.
- Singer Sewing Machine – If your Pinterest-loving pal has been pinning projects but hasn’t tackled any yet, a basic sewing machine might be just the kick they need. From stuffed children’s toys to home made clothing and accessories, this Singer is something any DIY-er would appreciate. (I’m partial to Singer machines because that’s what my grandma has used for years, but there are plenty of other great options out there.)
- Subscription to Garden and Gun – I know the name makes it sound like a magazine for gun-totin’ cowboys, but trust me, this is not your grandfather’s magazine. This classy southern publication would be perfect for the Pinner who loves landscaping, fancy table-settings, and good ol’ fashioned cocktails. If your friend’s Pin Boards are more focused on DIY, couture, or business, try Martha Stewart, Vogue, or Inc. instead.
Bonus – Blogger(or, the category I added in case my mom reads this)
- Clam Case for iPad or iPad mini – This case/keyboard makes blogging on-the-go easy. Of course, you’ll need an iPad first (hint, hint).
- Garmin Forerunner 10 – A perfect gift for the fitness blogger in your life. It tracks distance, pace, and can upload details to the fitness social media site of your choice (I use dailymile). Plus, since you’re not running with your phone, you’ll be saving valuable battery life and are less likely to need…
- Portable iPhone Charger – This simple gift can give your favorite blogger 3 extra hours of use on his/her phone. Perfect for those long outdoor occasions where frequent pictures and status updates can quickly drain battery life.
Want to share these ideas with the Santa Clauses in your life? Pin the image below or share this list via the social media site of your choice. It just might be the gifting inspiration your loved-ones are looking for when shopping for their favorite social media user – you!
~Erika, Cake Marketing Mechanics Director of Digital Dynamics