In the past year, the communities of Carrollwood and Northdale have seen the economic climate both fizzle and flourish.
CJ's Bar-B-Skew, 10047 N. Dale Mabry, and Bella Gente, 10019 N. Dale Mabry, are Carrollwood's most recent business casualties.
Meanwhile, Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant and Whole Foods Market are on their way to Carrollwood and Northdale.
Carrollwood-Northdale Patch readers have expressed mixed feelings about the booms and busts of local businesses.
- Said reader Christopher Nank about CJ's when it opened: "thank you for satisfying my curiosity about a place I've driven past dozens of times and thought, "I wonder . . . "!
- Said reader Bill Castens about Lee Roy Selmon's coming to town: "Another great place to eat for Northdale residents!"
- Said reader Linda A. Calebro-Kuder about Gus' Cafe closing in Northdale: "I've been eating at Gus's since the early 80's. Gus had the best Greek Salad, my family will truly miss eating at Gus's. Please re-open somewhere in Carrollwood you are the Italian Resturant of Carrollwood."
Below is a list of businesses we've written about that have opened or closed in Carrollwood since last year:
- Shorti's Deli
- Title Boxing Club
- Genghis Grill
- Whole Foods Market
- Pure Barre
- Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant
Recently closed businesses:
- Tilted Kilt Closes its Doors
- Locals React to Gus' Cafe Shutting its Doors
- Bella Gente
- CJ's Bar-B-Skew
What businesses do you want to see come to Carrollwood or Northdale? What do you think about the recent closures? Tell us in the comments.