With less than a week before Valentine’s Day, you may be feeling the pressure to come up with an imaginative gift. However, gift giving is only half the battle. The other half of the equation is a romantic date.
To help anyone struggling to find something special to do with that special someone, Patch scoured Carrollwood for five great date ideas:
1. , 13164 N. Dale Mabry Highway. This fondue restaurant starts celebrating Valentine’s Day early with a special four-course menu being served from Feb. 12-14. Valentine’s Day hours are from noon to 10:30 p.m. Reservations are required. Prices vary based on day and time of your reservation. 813-962-6936.
2. , 14416 N. Dale Mabry Highway. Enjoy dinner and a movie in one spot. The romantic comedy "Just Go With It" premieres this Friday and stars Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler. Show times are at 6:15 p.m. and 8:25 p.m.
3. , 12938 N. Dale Mabry Highway. $40 buys laughs with comedian April Macie, a bottle of champagne, chocolate and more. This price is per couple. For $20 more, enjoy dinner. Dinner will be served from 6 – 7:30 p.m., and the show will start at 8 p.m. Tickets are $2 cheaper when purchased online at www.sidesplitterscomedy.com.
4. , 10330 N. Dale Mabry Highway Ste 15. Skip the crowds and have a big night in. The chefs at Dinner Done! provide the food prep, and all you have to do is bring it home and pop it in the oven. Dinner Done! has four different Valentine’s Day dinner packages. Prices range from $39.50 to $53.50. Meals are available for pickup on February 12 or February 14. To view the menu, visit www.dinnerdone.com. 813-264-7700.
5. , 10025 N. Dale Mabry Highway. Enjoy a couples massage at this massage spa. For $89.95, a couple will receive a one hour Swedish massage, sparkling beverage and chocolate covered strawberries. Appointments are suggested, and gift certificates are also available. Hours are from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m. 813-961-7306.