Invite a friend
Watercolor & Pen Workshop
A special two hour Watercolor & Pen Workshop will be held on Thursday, February 21, 2013. Instructor Frank Bolock will demonstrate how to make beautiful watercolor paintings in a loose, fluid style. He uses the pen to emphasize the subject and complete paintings in less time. This class will be fun, fast and focused and is open to all levels. This form of art speaks a language of its own: heat, color, passion & humor. Come celebrate the human spirit through your artwork.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, February 21, 2013 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at the Life Enrichment Center, 9704 No. Boulevard, Tampa. The cost for the workshop is $25. Students should bring their own supplies: watercolor sets or tubes, brushes, watercolor paper, 140 lb. Or better, at least 9”x12” but no larger than 18”x24”, black pen (Pilot G2-07 or similar) or felt pen, miscellaneous supplies including paper towels, water container, etc.. Bring your own photos or subject matter will be available.
This workshop is part of Life Enrichment Center’s new fall series of Thursday Afternoon Art Workshops, with a different topic and teacher each week, Future workshops will include collage, printing without a press/monoprints, Sumi-e Asian brush painting, acrylics and oils, miniatures, digital photography, calligraphy, cartooning for adults, and more.
Class size is limited, and advance registration is required. To register, or for more information about these or other classes offered by the Life Enrichment Center, call (813) 932-0241 or visit their web site at www.LECtampa.org.
More About Life Enrichment Center
The Life Enrichment Center is a nonprofit organization that offers various services to adults in the area, including dance classes hosted at a nearby church and writing classes. A book was recently published by members of the center titled "Pages of My Life." The center also hosts AA classes for adults on the weekends. Membership is $30 per year.
Other events here
- Knitting and Crocheting Classes for Adults Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- PAINTING IN ACRYLICS & OILS Weekly on Wednesdays, 6:30 pm–8:30 pm
- New Master Art Class - Drawing & Mixed Media Weekly on Thursdays, 9:00 am–11:30 am
- Master Art Class - Drawing & Mixed Media Studio Weekly on Thursdays, 9:00 am–11:30 am
- Low-Impact Exercise Classes Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Get Into Fitness Today - G.I.F.T. Weekly on Thursdays, 12:00 pm–1:00 pm
- Beginning Watercolor for Adults Weekly on Thursdays, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Low Impact Exercise Class for Adults Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 pm–11:30 pm
- Beginning Tai Chi Weekly on Mondays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Tai Chi Classes for Adults Weekly on Mondays, 9:00 am–10:00 am