Invite a friend
SHANA BANANA’S MERRY CHRISKWANZANUKAH
A musical show that highlights both the similarities and unique traditions of Christmas, Chanukah and Kwanzaa.
Children will be wishing Merry Chriskwanzanukah to all of their friends after seeing Shana Banana’s holiday show and will be able to explain a little about each holiday while gaining a new sense of appreciation and excitement about the season. Shana Banana focuses on a variety of cultures in America and how each culture celebrates the December holidays. She also demonstrates that these holidays have much in common, and that children can take the shared traditions of giving, love, food and cultural appreciation to extend the holiday spirit year-round.
Shana Banana is a Parent’s Choice and NAPPA awarded children’s songwriter. She was nominated Family and Children’s Entertainer of the Year by the National Association of Campus Activities in 2000-2001, and received a first round Grammy nomination in 2001. She specializes in interactive, original, educational and fun music for kids.
“Your songs are so awesome. You are funny and I love you so much.” – Sara, age 4 – Shana Banana fan
Study Guide & Activities available at http://www.shanabanana.com/Education/MCKC_SG.pdf
TICKETS: $6 members / $7 non-members / $24 Family Four-Pack
|Where||Carrollwood Cultural Center 4537 Lowell Rd, Tampa, FL 33618|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||2:00 pm–4:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Kids, Families|
More About Carrollwood Cultural Center
The cultural center offers a plethora of opportunities for residents, including classes in painting, music, art and dance. The center also provides an in-house theater company, a children's theater, concerts and an art gallery. Membership costs $50 per year individually or $95 per family. The center's staff says that what sets its center apart is that its programs allow all generations of residents to work together.
Other events here
- SUMMER CAMP TOURS Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, 10:00 am
- BEAUTIFUL BOBBY BLACKMON Fri, May 31, 8:00 pm
- Monotype Printmaking Workshop Sat, Jun 1, 9:00 am–3:30 pm
- Main Exhibit: Illustrations Fri, Jun 7, 5:00 pm–7:00 pm
- North Tampa Market - GRAND OPENING! May 11, 2013 / June 8, 2013 / July 13, 2013 / August 10, 2013 / September 14, 2013 / October 12, 2013 / November 9, 2013 / December 14, 2013 / January 11, 2014 / February 8, 2014 / March 8, 2014 / April 12, 2014 / May 10, 2014 / June 14, 2014, 10:00 am–2:00 pm
- IF MUSIC BE THE FOOD Sun, Jun 9, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- SUMMER CAMPS (The Enchanted Kingdom of the Arts) Weekly on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 7:30 am–5:30 pm
- JAZZ WITH JIM Fri, Jun 14, 7:30 pm–9:30 pm
- GIRLS NIGHT OUT COMEDY SHOW Fri, Jun 21, 8:00 pm