Invite a friend
Get Into Fitness Today - G.I.F.T.
Give yourself a GIFT by starting the new year taking good care of your health! Life Enrichment Center is registering now for this health and weight loss program for adults, G.I.F.T. – Get Into Fitness Today. Participants will learn how to improve their health by incorporating good nutrition and physical activity into their lifestyles. Weight and body fat (BMI) will be measured weekly and the class will include topics of healthy low-cost meals, menu planning and healthy eating.
Classes meet every Thursday, from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Cost is $4.00 per class. The class is led by Certified G.I.F.T. Educator, Sandy Wehle and sponsored by the Florida Dept. of Health & Hillsborough County Health Department. Classes are held at the Life Enrichment Center, 9704 N. Blvd., Tampa 33612. Ms. Wehle recently received an award from the Tampa Bay Healthcare Collaborative in honor of her work teaching this class.
Members who have participated in this weight-loss program over the past year are excited to have met or exceeded their goals. They have not only consistently lost weight, they have kept it off and continue to lose pounds in a slow, steady, and healthy manner. Current participants encourage anyone who is trying to lose weight to join them in this simple, sensible, and affordable weight loss program.
Classes are open to adults of all ages. Class size is limited. To register or for more information about other classes and workshops offered by the Life Enrichment Center, call (813) 932-0241 or visit their web site at www.LECtampa.org.
|Where||Life Enrichment Center 9704 N Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33612|
|Time||12:00 pm–1:00 pm|
More About Life Enrichment Center
The Life Enrichment Center is a nonprofit organization that offers various services to adults in the area, including dance classes hosted at a nearby church and writing classes. A book was recently published by members of the center titled "Pages of My Life." The center also hosts AA classes for adults on the weekends. Membership is $30 per year.
Other events here
- Tai Chi Classes for Adults Weekly on Mondays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Beginning Tai Chi Weekly on Mondays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- Yang Style Tai Chi for Health Weekly on Mondays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Intermediate Tai Chi Weekly on Mondays, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Pastels: Pure and Simple Fun Weekly on Mondays, 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Tai Chi Classes for Adults at MOSI Weekly on Mondays, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Beginning Tai Chi Weekly on Mondays, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Intermediate Tai Chi Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Creative Writing Group for Adults Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Creative Writing Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm