Invite a friend
Cartooning for Adults
A special two hour workshop, Cartooning for Adults, will be held on Thursday, February 28, 2013. This class will cover creative character development, story boarding, panel layouts, use of materials, and much more including lots of fun and laughs! This is a workshop devoted to the cartoonist who resides inside all of us who longs to escape.
The workshop will be held on Thursday, February 28, 2013 from 1:00-3:00 p.m. at the Life Enrichment Center, 9704 N. Boulevard, Tampa. Cost for the workshop is $25 including supplies.
The course will be taught by well-known artist and instructor, Tim Gibbons. Mr. Gibbons graduated from the University of West Florida with a degree in Humanities and has been teaching art classes for more than 30 years. His philosophy in teaching art is “10% skill, which any student can learn, no matter what their age, and 90% creativity.” His goal is to provide his students with the techniques, skills and inspiration to further appreciate and create a lifelong love and understanding of art in their everyday life.This workshop is part of Life Enrichment Center’s new fall series of Thursday Afternoon Art Workshops, with a different topic and teacher each week, Future workshops will include collage, printing without a press/monoprints, Sumi-e Asian brush painting, acrylics and oils, miniatures, digital photography, calligraphy, and more.
Class size is limited, and advance registration is required. To register, or for more information about these or other classes offered by the Life Enrichment Center, call (813) 932-0241 or visit their web site at www.LECtampa.org.
More About Life Enrichment Center
The Life Enrichment Center is a nonprofit organization that offers various services to adults in the area, including dance classes hosted at a nearby church and writing classes. A book was recently published by members of the center titled "Pages of My Life." The center also hosts AA classes for adults on the weekends. Membership is $30 per year.
Other events here
- Pastels: Pure and Simple Fun Weekly on Mondays, 1:00 pm–3:30 pm
- Tai Chi Classes for Adults at MOSI Weekly on Mondays, 6:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Beginning Tai Chi Weekly on Mondays, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Intermediate Tai Chi Weekly on Mondays, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- Creative Writing Group for Adults Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Creative Writing Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Low-Impact Exercise Classes Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 am–11:30 am
- Beginning Watercolor for Adults Weekly on Tuesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm
- Low Impact Exercise Class for Adults Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:30 pm–11:30 pm
- Knitting and Crocheting Classes for Adults Weekly on Wednesdays, 1:00 pm–3:00 pm