Turkeys, Canned Fruit and Yams Needed at Metropolitan Ministries
With a few days until Thanksgiving, food items are urgently needed to help local families.
This just in from officials at Metropolitan Ministries:
With only two days until Thanksgiving, many items are in short supply at the Metropolitan Ministries holiday tent. The Ministries still has more than 2,200 local families scheduled to receive assistance in the next two days, and staples like turkeys, canned fruit and yams are desperately needed.
A few facts about the need:
· On Monday, 300 new families came to our doors to register for help.
· Donations are dramatically lower - 100,000 pounds less food than this time last year.
· The Ministries is having to buy large quantities of turkeys, cans of fruit and yams to meet the demand.
· We are grateful to see the large donations of vegetables and cereal from this past weekend, but there is an urgent need for turkeys, fruit, and yams.
· Donations can be dropped off at the holiday tent at 400 West Palm Avenue.
Carrollwood residents can sponsor dinners at www.metromin.org
or call (813) 209-1218.