Three Kings Day, NFLer Doug Martin, Yoga For Seniors: 5 Things To Know in Carrollwood This Week
A look at some important events taking place in the neighborhood.
- Did you get a new Kindle or eReader for Christmas? Head over to Jimmie B. Keel library where you can learn to use it. Learn how to check out and download free library eBooks to read on the Kindle or any device using the free Kindle app and OverDrive. Also discover how to use library eBooks with an Amazon.com account. Friday, Jan. 4 from 10:15am-11:15am at Jimmie B. Keel Library, 2902 Bearrs Ave.
- Celebrate Three Kings Day by heading over to Westfield Citrus Park Mall where a celebration will be held at Macy's Department Store's Childrens Department. The fun happens on Saturday, Jan. 5 at 2:00p.m. Snacks, stories and games are included. Westfield Citrus Park Mall is located at 8021 Citrus Park Drive.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneer Rookie Sensation Doug Martin will be on hand at Elder Ford this week. Head over to get his autograph and meet this NFL favorite on Saturday Jan. 5 from 10:30a.m.-12:30p.m. Elder Ford Tampa, 9560 N. Florida Ave. The event is free and open to the public. For more information call 813-321-1234.
- Does someone in your family suffer from Alzheimer's? If so, you may want to check out the Free Monthly Alzheimer's Support Group that meets Wednesday, Jan. 2 at 6:00p.m. Address: 414 Chapman Rd in Lutz. For more information call 813-310-6988.
- Yoga For Seniors meets weekly at Northdale Park Recreation Center. Friday, Jan. 4 at 10:45a.m. For more information call 813-961-5649. Cost is $5. Northdale Recreation Center is located at 15550 Spring Pine Drive.