North Tampa Clerks Arrested for Selling Alcohol to Minors
A countywide sting netted 31 arrests
The Hillsborough County Sheriff Office’s and the Florida Division of Alcoholic Beverages and Tobacco teamed up yesterday to remind store clerks that selling alcohol to minors is against the law.
During the countywide sting, 141 retail alcohol vendors received a visit from 18-to19-year-old undercover administrative aides. Those that sold alcohol to the minors paid the price.
In Carrollwood and Northdale, five clerks from local businesses were arrested during the March 8 sting:
- Citgo Gas Station, 4055 Gunn Highway; Arrested: Asif Amir Ali Hamid
- Racetrack, 7621 Linebaugh Ave; Arrested: Amy Lynn James
- Quick Stop, 4901 W. Linebaugh Ave; Arrested: Christopher Aydah
- 7-Eleven, 7124 N. Dale Mabry Hw; Arrested: Tracey Williamson
- Max's Mini Mart, 3899 Northdale Bl; Arrested: Samim Khoramabadi
All of those arrested were issued a notice to appear in court, and were released at the scene, sheriff’s office officials say.
The crackdown was planned to raise awareness about underage drinking as Spring Break 2012 gets under way, the sheriff’s office said in a media release. Deputies will continue to spot check stores throughout the Spring Break season, the release states.