It's time to get outside and get paddling, according to Hillsborough County Parks and Recreation. The county is now offering affordable access to Hillsborough County’s waterways.
Four-hour canoe/kayak rentals are offered for $25 at several Hillsborough County Regional Parks. A park entry fee will also apply at $2 per vehicle carrying up to eight people, and $1 each additional person. Only cash, check and traveler’s check payments are accepted payment.
The following Hillsborough County parks offer canoe and kayak rentals:
- Lake Park, 17302 N. Dale Mabry Hwy. in Lutz
- Upper Tampa Bay Park, 8001 Double Branch Road in Tampa
- Edward Medard Park, 6140 Turkey Creek Road in Plant City
- E.G. Simmons Park, 2401 19th Ave. NW in Ruskin
- Lettuce Lake Park , 6920 E. Fletcher Ave. in Tampa
Canoes or kayaks can be rented on-site at each entry station. Rentals at Upper Tampa Bay Park are conducted within the on-site environmental studies building. Those wishing to rent a canoe or kayak must be 18 years old, and complete a liability release and rental agreement form prior to payment at the entry station.
For more informationcall 813-757-3802.